Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerelle vs mirena

(2 Posts)
DorothyHarris Wed 18-Jan-17 16:48:01

I'm having a consultation tomorrow with my GP re the coil. I had a copper coil fitted last year but had it removed as i thought it was causing my migraines. As it turns out it wasn't. I then went onto cerelle which made me absolutely and utterly depressed so I come off that.
I really need to have some sort of contraceptive in place as another baby just is not an option. So those of you that have had cerelle and mirena are the side effects the same? I was going to ask for another copper coil but the thought of the horrendous periods is putting me off slightly, however if it's a toss up between awful periods or depression I'll take the periods. Thanks in advance ladies.

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 18-Jan-17 22:24:01

had awful periods on copper coil - couldnt leave the house horrible. Mirena killed my sex drive but no periods at all. After 3 years finally had it removed and have been on the pill for a week and already feel myself coming back. But also got my period already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now