Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena and pregnancy, is it likely?

(3 Posts)
Mrsemcgregor Tue 10-Jan-17 20:19:37

I had the implant for 3 years and as it was due to expire at the end of October I had the mirena coil fitted at the beginning of October to doubly make sure I was protected. The dr fitting the coil suggested I leave in the implant for another month to make sure the coil is fitted properly and doesn't fall out. I can feel the wires so it's definitely still in.

I had dermoid cysts removed in November (probably not relevant but just in case!).

I also haven't got round to having the implant removed from my arm yet (I intend to go to the clinic this week to have it out).

I have had on and off spotting since the coil went in, but nothing really like a full period. So far so normal as far as I am aware?

However the last 2 weeks I have been feeling very much like I am in early pregnancy. Really really sore boobs, terrible skin, weight gain, tiredness.

This is likely just coil/implant related hormones isn't it? (Please say yes!).

I am assuming that the implant doesn't stop releasing hormones the day it's due to expire? I imagine there is a few months or more leeway. In which case I am essentially doubly protected at the moment and have nothing to worry about, right?

MossytheMouse Wed 11-Jan-17 00:53:42

It's most likely just the hormones. Esp if you still have implant. I get sore boobs and tiredness once a month since I got mirena.

Mrsemcgregor Wed 11-Jan-17 06:58:03

I hope so! I am not paranoid enough to poas, but just a little niggle every know and again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now