Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Unusual period

(2 Posts)
GerardNoWay Sat 07-Jan-17 21:14:03

I had a miscarriage in October at about 5-6 weeks. The bleeding I had during this time was relatively light, not at all like my periods which are normally very heavy and painful. I had a scan which showed nothing and the lining of my uterus was normal, which indicated that everything that had needed to happen had happened.

I'm now on my third period since. The other two have been normal for me - heavy, painful, etc. Came on my period today and have had sludgy brown blood almost powdery in consistency (tmi, I know) along with red/pink blood.

I'm kind of panicking myself that this is related to the miscarriage I had and somehow things didn't go the way they should, IYSWIM? Am I just being overly anxious about it? I've never, ever had this kind of bleeding before. Has anyone any experience?

scaevola Sat 07-Jan-17 21:21:13

This is the contraception topic, and you haven't mentioned which method you are using. It could be relevant to patterns of bleeding, especially if coil of hormones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now