Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advise please! Post termination..

(11 Posts)
heatherxo Fri 06-Jan-17 18:52:03

I'm unsure if this is the place to post this..
Can anyone tell me how long after a medical abortion I should still have pregnancy symptoms (heartburn, nausea, sore boobs)
I was roughly 6 weeks pregnant when the termination was carried out.
Any help would be great

Branleuse Fri 06-Jan-17 18:53:28

i felt better straight away OP. How long ago did you have the procedure ?

heatherxo Fri 06-Jan-17 18:56:16

I had the procedure 1 week ago, I know it wasn't that long ago but the nurse said I should stop feeling pregnant within 2-3 days.. I'm just worried that the termination hasn't fully worked

heatherxo Fri 06-Jan-17 18:57:55

Also I had cramping/bleeding the same day and day after (Friday & Saturday) then it stopped.. since Tuesday/Wednesday I've been soaking through pads and cramping really bad.. is this normal?

confusedandemployed Fri 06-Jan-17 18:59:23

I felt better immediately.

I don't remember about the bleeding though. Tbh if you're worried I'd get medical advice flowers

InglouriousBasterd Fri 06-Jan-17 19:01:46

It sounds like retained products, I would have a chat with your GP.

UnmentionedElephantDildo Fri 06-Jan-17 19:04:21

Yes, go to your GP.

And - as this is the contraception topic - I also suggest you sort out what method you'll be using going forward (even if that's the last thing on your mind right now).

I hope everything is OK flowers

Proudmummytodc2 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:07:01

Please note: this is just a story of someone I know in real life and I am in no way medically trained.

This exactly happened to BIL girlfriend at the time and it turned out that the procedure wasn't done properly and the foetus was still there just no longer living and she had to go through a different procedure to take the foetus away.

I would seek medical advice asap to make sure everything is ok.

I hope your ok.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 06-Jan-17 19:09:45

No advice, just empathy. I felt very confused about my hormonal response in the weeks following mine. You are concerned, and shouldn't be ashamed to seek some medical advice.

flowers

heatherxo Sat 07-Jan-17 08:30:48

Thank you. I had a feeling it was retained products and I'm now terrified. I will talk to my gp Monday.

I had the implant inserted the day I had the procedure so I no longer have to worry about contraception

Capricornandproud Sat 07-Jan-17 22:48:45

Hope you get on ok OP. It's a tough time xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now