Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant bleeding on & off depo

(6 Posts)
CoconutGal Sun 18-Dec-16 15:45:21

I started Depo injection in august this year, for the first 2 weeks I was fine. I've had it before for 4 years with no problems so didn't think anything of it when I stopped for a year & went back on.

2 weeks after the first injection, I had bleeding. It wasn't bright red it was more blackish/brown. (Sorry if TMI) I thought nothing of it & thought it would stop, except it didn't. I decided not to get the next injection because the constant bleeding was wearing me down physically. Depo wore off 2nd December, and guess what, still bleeding. The same as when I was on the Depo.

Is this normal? I had no symptoms of a period before Depo wore off, now it has I've got symptoms of a period but the bleeding isn't settling down.

DaisyQueen Sun 18-Dec-16 15:49:40

I had 3 doses of depo and bled pretty much throughout and it took a further few months to settle after the last injection. It really didn't agree with me at. Gp said there was nothing could be done about it and I just had to wait it out. Hopefully it resolves itself for you soon

CoconutGal Sun 18-Dec-16 15:53:50

Thanks Daisy. That does comfort me to know it's not just me that's had a problem like this.

MrsTrentReznor Sun 18-Dec-16 16:15:07

I had constant bleeding on it. I also get it on the cerrazette pill.
Fabulous contraceptive because there was never any danger of me feeling like sex!!

CoconutGal Sun 18-Dec-16 16:31:42

MrsTrent that's what it feels like for me. All the symptoms just put me off sex completely. I'm tired, hot & sweaty, the only time I feel fresh is straight after a bath!

Bonnie78 Mon 26-Dec-16 12:36:53

Hi guys
New to the group ! Been taking CERAZETTE For while now but the bleeding ....when it comes does not stop for three weeks! I think I may need to stop this altogether it's become rather frustrating tbhangry
Anyone else having this problem!? Oh and my back hurts more during this time too..... :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now