Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper coil or diaphragm?

(4 Posts)
GoldenOrb Mon 07-Nov-16 15:51:44

I'm recently single and am back to needing to think about contraception!

I'm not keen on anything hormonal, so that leaves me with the copper coil or diaphragms...

I already have 7 days periods so thinking the coil might not be ideal if they tend to make periods longer/heavier.

However, I also run quite a lot, so don't know how that would work if a diaphragm needs to stay in situ for a good while post sex...

GoldenOrb Mon 07-Nov-16 16:00:52

Obviously I'll be using condoms as well!

eggsnmarmite Mon 07-Nov-16 18:58:12

I had a copper coil fitted today as an emergency. It was so quick and painless and I have a retroverted and wonky uterus.

I'll let you kno.
w how I get on with it.

Provisional googling and advice is that it is 99% effective and although complications can be quite nasty, they are pretty uncommon.

Apparently it's the most popular contraceptive amongst gynecologists - which says allot I suppose.

Resetyourpassword Sun 20-Nov-16 21:01:36

How are you getting on with your coil? I need emergency contraception and can't decide whether to have a copper coil fitted or take a hormonal one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now