Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Best contraception after pregnancy?

(3 Posts)
Becciilouisex3 Tue 01-Nov-16 10:59:06

Hi all smile

Becciilouisex3 Tue 01-Nov-16 11:02:41

Pressed post prematurely there haha!

I gave birth to DS just over 2 weeks ago and have made my appointment for 6 week checkup. Now sex is firmly off the agenda for me, (until after that appointment at least) however, I know that contraception will be discussed and due to us being super fertile after birth, I wondered what other mums had found the best (or worst!) contraception after giving birth.

I was on the pill previously but haven't heard great things about it after pregnancy! Thanks in advance! smile

user1478837044 Fri 11-Nov-16 04:28:55

As you will become fertile again after few days of your baby's birth, it is a good option to start thinking about birth control mechanisms. There are several contraceptive methods including male & female condoms, pills, vaginal rings and vasectomy.
I and my partner used condoms and that was one of the best solutions. Using pills might do harm to your health, and can contribute to negative side effects. Condoms are easy to use and are effortless. Results are also guaranteed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now