Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vasectomy

(8 Posts)
mypropertea Tue 25-Oct-16 00:55:34

What tips do you have for recovering from/helping someone recover from a vasectomy?

My dh is a hands on dad, does bath times, cooks etc. He is now on the list waiting for for a vasectomy and I am starting to worry I will have the DC all to myself for a while! What can I do to help him be comfortable and recover quickly?

mypropertea Tue 25-Oct-16 17:21:29

Bump

TheFuzz Tue 01-Nov-16 00:05:29

Varies. Some can be out for a couple of days. Others out for weeks with swelling and infection. Then further surgery to patch things up. I've lost about 3 months work in 4 years with mine. Most go ok though. Just be wary of PVPS. It's quite common.

OlennasWimple Tue 01-Nov-16 00:06:49

DH was on bed rest for a day, up and about and cooking etc the next day and moving around easily within 5 or so days.

I think taking it easy immediately after is critical, as are some very supportive pants wink

TheFuzz Tue 01-Nov-16 00:28:35

Bag of frozen peas and supportive pants. No loose boxers. Ibuprofen would help

mypropertea Tue 01-Nov-16 04:39:16

Sounds awful fuzz, you ok now?

TheFuzz Sun 06-Nov-16 21:42:57

Not really. Suffer low testosterone as a result. Had to have extra surgery as the GP made a mess but my T is half what it should be and despite being below the guidelines I can't get treated. Pain isn't as bad as it was but still bothersome. It has ruined our sex life though.

mypropertea Tue 08-Nov-16 09:15:42

That's horrid. I am so sorry! I am worrying about my husband having it now. He hasn't booked the appointment yet though, so maybe it will never happen smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now