We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerelle Question

(3 Posts)
KatLady101 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:13:37

I finally got myself on BC after years and years of horribly painful periods. Due to my migraines, I was put on the mini pill (after turning down the injection), and I left with a three month supply of Cerelle.

The first pack was great, and I found it helped me a great deal with my period, and it even lessened the extent of my anxiety attacks.

I am not on my second pack and my boobs have become very sensitive to touch ... as if I am coming on to my period, but I am not expecting to get it for another week yet. I know this is a side effect that one in ten women can get so I am thinking the soreness is that rather than the pill altering my cycle (at least till I get evidence otherwise)

I have two questions
1) Will this side effect lessen as I am on this pill longer?
2) Is it worth seeing my GP now in regards to this rather than waiting for my referral date for a repeat prescription? I know the nurse at the Clinic said to see someone if I had issues, but I feel kinda like I am making a mountain out of a molehill since this is the only side effect I am having.

Any advice will be appreciated.

KatLady101 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:14:36

* I am now on my second pack

sorry just now noticed the typo

pammarkgeorgia Mon 17-Oct-16 21:19:11

I am on the mini pill too and have been for 18m, just recently I've had period type pains that are as bad as when I bleed heavily and sore, heavy, aching boobs- that bad I've taken painkillers. I am going to my gp to discuss changing contraception, it's been 6 weeks now.

If you feel that the bc isn't for you then I would advise changing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now