Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mirena. worst period ever only had it just put in

(4 Posts)
IreallyKNOWiamright Tue 11-Oct-16 22:11:30

Ok. So I have recently agreed to have merina coil. I was told it apparently helps heavy bleeding.
I've had my period since the weekend, extremely heavy and period pain every day. I hardly got any pain like this when I didn't have the coil. I also feel exhausted.
My dh says to give it a chance but I am not sure I can put up with this period pain again next month it's making me feel sick. Is anyone else on the merina and seen good effects after a couple of periods? I might have to go back to my gp if I get more pain tomorrow. .

TheHubblesWindscreenWipers Tue 11-Oct-16 22:14:31

Mine caused really bad cramps/periods for a couple of months - then it settled down and gradually my periods got lighter until after about six months they'd almost gone.

Give it at least 2-3 months to settle. However, if you have fever /excruciating pain then go back for a check to make sure it's inserted correctly

IreallyKNOWiamright Tue 11-Oct-16 22:18:24

Ok thank you. I've got a follow up in two weeks I might take paracetamol tomorrow see if that helps. I can't really have any other form of contraception due to being on so much medication so I will try and give it a bit longer.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 21-Oct-16 12:53:55

Yes, let it settle down. Mine was amazing for my heavy periods - I went from using super plus extra tampons every 2-3hours for a week to using mediums as normal for three days. Life changing for me. Hopefully it will be better for you this month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now