Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette, Newbie

(4 Posts)
Beagle2016 Tue 27-Sep-16 13:47:24

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just looking for a bit of advice.

I'm 39 and have 2 boys, since having my last son 6 years ago, my periods have been awful. Very heavy, awful cramps and can last anything up to 10 days.

I am now considering going on Cerazette to see if this may help with my periods. I have never taken any mini pill, have only ever used the combined pill, but as I am now over 35 and smoke, I wouldn't be allowed this anymore.

Please could you let me know your honest opinions of this pill and is it worth me giving it a go?

About 15 years ago, I was given the combined pill, ovranette and this did not agree with me at all, was constantly bleeding and it was awful. I'm nervous about going on the mini pill, in case I get similar problems again. I was then given logynon as this is a phased combined pill and this worked wonders for me. I just worry that as Cerazette is a progesterone only pill, it may be too strong (if that's possible) and cause me to constantly bleed again.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

NameOfUser Wed 19-Oct-16 11:17:19

I've been on cerazette since June after the birth of dc3. I have bled constantly and stopped taking it on Sunday. I think it is too strong for me now, I took it for about two years with no problems after dc1 though. Always worth a shit. It was great when it worked, just hasn't worked for me this time.

voluptuagoodshag Wed 19-Oct-16 11:23:36

It made me ill. I wasn't on it for contraception as DH had the snip but for hormone control and it made me feel awful.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 21-Oct-16 12:52:06

Huge problems with heavy bleeding - continuously for a year. I hated it and after my experience, I can't recommend it. Have you looked at the coil?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now