Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nexplanon implant

(2 Posts)
Summerisntcoming Sun 25-Sep-16 22:34:40

Had my 3rd put in back in Feb. Was fine for a week or so then had spotting for a few weeks. GP gave me Norethistharone so stop the bleeding which it did. Until 3 weeks ago, the spotting started again, barely anything but needing a thin liner most days. Then the last 2 days bleeding has got heavier, some clots etc.... Is this fairly common for the implant? GP didn't seem concerned last time and the previous 2 implants I've had were implanon and I had no bleeding but this one is nexplanon so wondering if this usually happens?

DigestiveMuncher Sun 25-Sep-16 22:37:32

I'd say it's quite common I am also on my 3rd implant and it's probably the worst one (mines due to come out next year) but for the past 3-4 months I have had the worst periods I've ever had in my life! My last one I came on twice one after the other and both very heavy with a lot of clots. I hate it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now