Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nexplanon........

(6 Posts)
solitudegirl Mon 12-Sep-16 18:20:35

Hello
I posted a thread a couple of months ago about nexplanon. I had mine put in 4th july 2015. I have been having horrendous side effects like anxiety panic attacks but the main side effect was the bleeding for 6 weeks with a 2 week break in between.

I was going to make an appointment to have it removed however this time i started bleeding and it has only lasted just over a week and have no had no bleeding for 2 days.....so now im confused. I know im not pregnant as i rarely have sex with all the bleeding.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this or if this is normal that maybe after 14 months my periods are finally settling down.
If this is the case then i will consider keeping it in. Im just sick of not knowing.

Many thanks

Bugaboom Wed 14-Sep-16 08:10:50

Hi. Not going to be much help but I was about to post about whether to get mine removed. I had mine put in last year whilst breastfeeding. Once I stopped breastfeeding about three months ago, the bleeding started and I was basically on one long period. I've got an appointment this Friday to have it removed but the bleeding stopped completely about a week ago.
So now I'm trying to decide whether to stick with it or have it removed. I'm curious to see if I feel different if it's removed. I'm not suffering with anxiety as such but I do remember feeling better in myself generally when I came off the pill to ttc. On the other hand we do not want a third child and it's a reliable form of contraceptive.
Sorry not much help! It took six weeks to get this appointment so maybe you should arrange an appointment and cancel if you decide you're OK?

mariahann1 Tue 27-Sep-16 07:47:42

I actually have a question about it how soon can you have it removed I got it yesterday and want it out already ' debating if I should just do it by myself right now

MrsFinkelstein Thu 29-Sep-16 20:12:18

Irregular bleeding is a common side effect with the Nexplanon unfortunately. It may be settling down though (hopefully), you could see how it goes over the next few weeks before deciding. Or could try a short course of the pill to regulate the bleeding?

Mariahann - nowhere I've ever worked at would remove an Implant so soon! We counsel everyone regards common side effects and advise we won't remove within the first year for those.

BristolGold Fri 06-Jan-17 17:46:42

What did you decide in the end? I'm going to book a removal... on second one at the moment, about 20 months in. First implant an absolute dream - short, light period every 5/6 months. Second one a nightmare - heavy, frequent periods, mood swings (have NEVER experienced PMS in my life previously.
Happy to return to my hideous menstrual cycle if it means not having this!

Niknak222 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:08:53

Hi just wondered if anyone has had this same issue as I'm going out of my mind with worry! I too am on my 3rd implant, 1st two Implanon which were both amazing and barely any bleeding or side effects, current one is Nexplanon which I have now had in for 16 months approx, didn't have any bleeding at all for the first 6 months but since then the bleeding has been on and off constantly and I have now been bleeding/spotting for around 3weeks which was stopping for a few hours/at most a day and then starting up again (as usual) although it is very light like a brown/pinkish discharge no need for a pad etc really just see it when wiping, but I seemed to have stopped bleeding completely 3 nights ago and when I wipe after weeing, the paper is totally clear no blood/spotting, however, for the last 3 days I have noticed that after bowel movement, when I wipe my vaginal area there is a blood stained/pinkish discharge on the paper which after I wipe stops almost straight away and then nothing further when returning to the toilet for a wee etc but has happened everytime I have bowel movement? This is the first time since I have had all implants that I have ever noticed this happening with bowel movement and I am just putting it down to just finishing bleeding and maybe the pressure/pushing with bowel movement is just releasing leftover blood but would be great to know if anyone else has experienced this on the implant or any other birth control as I am really worried about it P.S I am also calling the docs on Monday to make an appointment to get this thing removed as I cannot take anymore of this constant bleeding! thanks all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now