Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Different reaction to implant second time around

(5 Posts)
Cka241292 Mon 22-Aug-16 12:49:59

Hi,
I was on the implant from 2012-2015 and found it increased the frequency of my periods by double but they were much lighter and didn't cause any cramps.
This year I decided to go back onto the implant and after 3 months my period seems to have stopped completely. I am 4 weeks late now...
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced different reactions to the same drug? It was inserted slightly further down my arm than before and was done by a different clinic, but not sure if this would change my reaction to it.
Thanks for any advice.
Clare

Testarossa1 Mon 22-Aug-16 12:52:15

I had the implant put in in March, not had it before. But have not had a period at all since. Hope that helps. Maybe do a test to put your mind at rest?

Agrestic Mon 22-Aug-16 12:53:44

1st implant - in for 3 years no bleeding at all.
2nd - first 6 months I had regular spotting then a period every quarter which would last a week, then have around 3 days off. Then back on for 5-7days
3rd - had it in for 5 months. One period after it went in, nothing since!

All were put in straight after the other. The last in a different place.

I wouldn't worry smile

Strange though isn't it!

Agrestic Mon 22-Aug-16 12:54:56

3rd - HAVE had* it's still in there!

Cka241292 Mon 22-Aug-16 13:34:02

Thanks for the replies smile
I did do a test to make sure and it came out negative but felt it was strange compared to how I reacted last time...
Glad to see its not just me who reacted differently then! Can put my mind at rest and relish in the fact the implant has had a positive impact on my periods this time! Woo!
Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now