Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper coil

(4 Posts)
user1471549817 Fri 19-Aug-16 13:40:25

Hi I'd like some reviews from ladies who have had the copper coil fitted, but have been in it for 6months+ , how has it been in terms of weight, mood etc as its ment to be hormone free!? X

Excusemyfrench Fri 19-Aug-16 13:53:45

Hello,

Ive had mine for 6 months now. And I had one for 2 years before I had my Dc2.
I would say the negatives are:
-Heavier periods
-More cramping during your periods
-Also -tmi but you want to know this now- there can be a smell if there is too much sperm (i.e frequent sex) I think it kind of sticks to itconfused. Ive read it isnt unusual and to avoid it my DH will sometimes withdraw.

Aside from those things, its great.

I cannot take any level of hormones whatsoever and this leaves me feeling normal, and not pregnant!

Best of luck !

OTheHugeManatee Fri 19-Aug-16 13:56:51

Slightly heavier periods and a bit uncomfortable when it goes in, but otherwise side effect free and zero maintenance. I don't get on with artificial hormones (they make me fat and mad and libido-free) and found the coil gave much better peace of mind than condoms. I had mine for several years until we started ttc. 100% recommend.

user1471549817 Fri 19-Aug-16 14:06:29

I feel slightly relieved 😅 my main concern is I'm going to gain weight as I've always had issues with weight, and. Also recovering from pnd I don't want to go back down the depression route. Sounds silly but I've read things about people being allergic to the copper? !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now