Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Delay in replacement coil

(3 Posts)
SilverLining Tue 16-Aug-16 10:59:13

Have just spent an hour on the phone trying to get an appointment to replace my cool. My gp surgery won't do it but are happy to take it out! My local family planning clinic don't have any appointments until October and the other local clinic will only do a consultation at end of Sept! The problem I have is that I need it taken out on 12 Sept at the latest!
So my question is if I get the gp to take it out and then just wait till I can get a replacement will it affect my hormones etc - will I be instantly fertile? Is it not better to replace at the same time? Or shall I just leave it in till October???
Didn't think it would be this difficult....

Idefix Tue 16-Aug-16 20:27:57

Hi op I would say wait to get it out and in at the same time. It won't harm you if it stays in. I would then book a routine gp/np appt and ask about contraception till it is replaced.

SilverLining Tue 16-Aug-16 22:13:28

Thanks - I think you're right. I rang the gps again in complete frustration and the nurse is gong to ring me tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now