Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Two things, I've been randomly bleeding for approx 4 weeks now. And how do you know when a mooncup is in the right position?

(3 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 12-Aug-16 18:21:01

1. I'm on the pill (the 21 day with a 7 day break pill), I always know when I will have a 'period', it's on the 7 day break. But a few weeks ago I randomly started bleeding while in the middle of the pill packet. We're now coming up to 4 weeks with no let up confused

2. I got fed up with the constant bleeding and having to buy endless tampons so I went out today and bought a mooncup. I think it's in but I can feel it's there, not sure if it's in properly. How do you know when it is in position properly?

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 12-Aug-16 18:22:43

Oh I forgot, has anyone any ideas why the random bleeding is happening? I had a smear earlier this year which was clear. It's a real pain to get in at my GP surgery and I just know that if I make an appointment (for in 3 weeks time hmm ) the bleeding will more than likely have stopped...

theborrower Sun 14-Aug-16 17:12:07

You shouldn't be able to feel the mooncup once it's in. Remember that it sits a lot lower than a tampon, and you can trim the stem if it's bothering you. I give mine a wee twist at the bottom after insertion to make sure it's unfurled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now