Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrendous moods with implant and pill

(6 Posts)
ParisGellar Thu 28-Jul-16 17:44:19

I've got the implant in and have had it for about a year (put in place 3 months PP) and last week started taking the progesterone only pill as well, due to some erratic bleeding. Since I started the pill as well I've had serious horrendous moods, anger, crying, I feel so empty sometimes that I can't speak. Does this sound right? Could it be the sheer amount of hormone causing me to have such mood changes?

KittensandKnitting Thu 28-Jul-16 17:47:09

I was very very unwell with the progesterone only pill, it sent me to a very nasty dark place - I'm extremely grateful that I have such a loving supportive partner.

I'd go to your GP straight away some women react extremely badly to the mini-pill, I couldn't even see how badly it was affecting me.

parisgellar Thu 28-Jul-16 17:57:49

I didn't know it was called the mini pill!

Thanks, it's making me feel horrible. I have never got on with hormonal contraception.

MissBattleaxe Thu 28-Jul-16 17:59:25

Cerazette gave me permanent PMT times a million. It was awful and I hated myself. Such a difference now I'm not on it anymore!

KittensandKnitting Thu 28-Jul-16 18:04:19

It is called the mini-pill because it only has one hormone.

It was so horrendous for me, took a few weeks from stopping and I was like a different person. You can get a coil fitted that doesn't contain any hormones at all, there are other options I wish these had all been discussed with me when I was a younger woman.

ParisGellar Thu 28-Jul-16 19:01:20

Very interesting, thanks for the new fact smile

I'm glad it's not just me. I've been taking the pill for a week on top of the implant. Today I feel worse than yesterday and I'm scared for tomorrow!

Should I see the gp before stopping? I've been given it because of erratic bleeding, after no bleeding at all for almost a year. Gp says she thinks the implant isn't enough hormone to stop the strange bleeding. But I also have a cervical ectropion which is causing bleeding. I want rid of all hormonal contraception now. Can I get condoms free anywhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now