Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vasectomy in GUM clinic - screening

(7 Posts)
nightandthelight Thu 28-Jul-16 10:00:52

DH rang the GUM clinic yesterday and has been put on the waiting list for a vasectomy. In six months he will be sent the info pack and if he still wants to go ahead he will get an appt a week or two after that. All good so far smile

When he rang they didn't ask any questions about personal circumstances such as age, number of children etc. Is this likely to be asked at some point or do they just accept your self referral? I had been expecting a battle, it seems too good to be true at the mo!

TheFuzz Fri 29-Jul-16 01:32:16

They are supposed to do proper advice and check age etc. Also should be checking wife's permission. Do research PVPS though. 1 in 10 get it and it's permanent.

nightandthelight Fri 29-Jul-16 15:27:47

Thought it was a bit easy Fuzz! I guess they will do the questioning after they have sent the info pack. Will encourage DH to read all the info and make his decision knowing the facts smile

Pigeonpost Sun 31-Jul-16 00:11:45

Do they really ask for wife's permission?! DH went for referral recently and I'm sure they didn't. Although the "we have 3 boys" might have been enough...

nightandthelight Sun 31-Jul-16 06:11:29

Have had a letter saying his referral has been accepted and he will he sent an appt in due course. All very strange!

theothersideoftheworld Sun 31-Jul-16 06:26:41

Wife's permission is not needed anymore. They will go through all his details etc at his next appointment . Impressed at a GU Clinic doing vasectomy appointments thought!

nightandthelight Fri 05-Aug-16 08:43:55

Just had another letter saying if under 28 will need a discussion first so have emailed private hospitals too to have a back up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now