Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coming off Depo P - how long until it leaves your system?

(5 Posts)
YabuDabbaDoo Sun 03-Jul-16 15:26:50

Have given it 9 months but the spotting and headaches have never really improved, plus a big weight gain and I swear I am hairier to boot. Feeling so unsexy that it's completely self-defeating, so have decided not to have another jab.

Can anyone tell me how long it took after coming off Depo P for their cycle to return to normal, and did their mood & general health improve?

YabuDabbaDoo Mon 04-Jul-16 10:30:53

Bump for Monday.

PotteringAlong Mon 04-Jul-16 10:33:38

I've come off it 3 times. Cannot comment about the side effects as it suited me perfectly and I didn't have any but the first time I was pregnant in 7 weeks, second time I was pregnant in 17 months (but I was still breastfeeding for the first 8 months of that) and the third time I was pregnant in 5 months.

PotteringAlong Mon 04-Jul-16 10:34:36

Meant to add, second and 3rd time my periods had started and back to normal after 3 months.

YabuDabbaDoo Mon 04-Jul-16 10:38:47

Thanks Pottering that's encouraging! I'm coming off for side effects rather than to conceive, but 3 months' wait for relative normality sounds do-able

Glad to hear it suited you and you have your lovely DC smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now