Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding again - only stopped last weekend!

(2 Posts)
ohmygodyouguys Mon 20-Jun-16 22:19:39

Hi everyone

So, I stopped taking the pill a few weeks ago as me and hubby are planning to NTNP in the not too distant future and it seems some good advice is to come off the pill a few months in advance to give your cycles time to sort themselves out.

I took my last pill on the 1st of June and had my usual bleed the following week. It lasted a fair bit longer than usual, starting Monday night and not finishing until Saturday night/Sunday morning, usually I'd have been finished by the Friday. Was definitely finished by the Sunday (12th June).

Yesterday after I'd been to the toilet I noticed there was blood. It's not as heavy as my usual period and a pantyliner is enough to deal with it, I'm not even having cramps like I normally would. I'm still bleeding a bit today but I've noticed little clots of endometrium (sorry if TMI!). I can't possibly be having a true period a week after my usual bleed, can I? Has anyone else experienced this?

Violamae29 Tue 21-Jun-16 11:08:04

Hi,
I've experienced a similar thing to you in the past. I came off my pill and had a couple of bleeds (the 2nd much lighter and shorter than the first) within weeks of each other. I think it's just the body getting used to being hormone free and settling down to its natural hormone levels, but that's just a guess! If it continues on, maybe give your gp a call and put your mind at ease, but from my experience it was nothing to worry about. I hope all is well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now