Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just had mirena fitted - pain

(5 Posts)
Violamae29 Mon 20-Jun-16 17:55:58

I've just come back from having my coil fitted and I'm now in severe pain. Also scared to use the toilet in case it falls out (illogical, I know sad) How long does this pain go on for? I feel like I'm in early labour and painkillers aren't touching it! Any first hand experiences would be much appreciated sad

Ladybird08 Mon 20-Jun-16 18:04:25

I had mine fitted in September last year. Pain was bad. Get paracetamol and Ibuprofen and keep topped up on them. Use a hot water bottle or wheatie and try to rest. I had booked the day off work and was glad I had. By the 3rd day I was fine

Ladybird08 Mon 20-Jun-16 18:06:05

I mean I had booked the day off work for the day after the fitting

Paniniswapx3 Mon 20-Jun-16 18:27:21

I didn't experience any pain at all - did they say that was normal? Have you called the clinic? Hope you're ok.

Violamae29 Mon 20-Jun-16 19:40:25

I've got a hot water bottle now and am lying in bed, pain is pretty bad - she said that I would feel crampy but this is getting a bit much now! At times I feel like I'm being shoved with a metal pole (sorry for being so graphic, but my god it's sore). Clinic is closed now so won't be able to call until tomorrow morning sad luckily my other half is home from work soon or I'd be panicking big time! But Thank you both for your experiences, I guess everyone's experience and pain threshold is different - just hoping against hope that it goes down soon and it's nothing serious. Thank you again, it means a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now