Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it silly getting a copper coil fitted if we want to try for family in a years time?

(2 Posts)
Estimated201 Tue 31-May-16 15:18:07

I have been on the pill (Marvelon / Gedarel) for 15 years apart from a break of 1 year in 2014.

I have been back on it now for around 9 months and i have noticed a considerable drop in libido along with increase in mood swings.

I want to have a birth control without hormones next but are discussing starting to try for a family in a years time or so.

Is it worth having the copper coil fitted for that short amount of time?

LadyAntonella Tue 31-May-16 18:22:42

I don't know about the copper coil, but I am having a mirena fitted soon and we are planning to start TTC in about a year. I did mention that to the doctor when I spoke to her about it. She thought it was a good idea as she said you go back to your normal fertility as soon as the coil is removed (apparently that's not always the case after taking the pill).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now