Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help!

(3 Posts)
astrasam Mon 30-May-16 11:55:59

I'm not a mum, but I've been doing a lot of research on contraception and this website always comes up (and has been very helpful).

Anyway, I was on the cerazette pill for roughly 3.5 years. In that time my sex drive went to 0. I eventually looked into it and found that this is a very common side effect of the pill. I spoke to FP about this and the nurse agreed that it was probably the cause. She suggested that I try the mirena coil.

I got this fitted around a month ago (which was incredibly traumatic, I went into shock). The Dr told me I would be fine with no anesthetic. Liar.

Anyway, I've been feeling a little up and down and have seen no change in my sex drive at all.

I know I haven't had it long but I've been reading up on it more and there seems to be so many horror stories. Pretty much the same as cerazette sad

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that has gone from cerazette to the mirena? I need some good news. Or enough bad news to give me incentive to get the damn thing out..

scaevola Mon 30-May-16 12:03:42

You might find this thread helpful

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/family_planning/1759468-Mirena-coil

which includes posts from those happy with it (for the 'good news' stories you want).

Only you can decide how long of a settling-in time you feel able to give it. FWIW, I think one month is a bit short but if you really feel wrong with it then there are no prizes for sticking it out for a certain number.

astrasam Mon 30-May-16 12:35:51

Thank you. I'm going to give it another two to three months. I'm just freaking out. It seems I might have jumped from the frying pan into the fire!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now