Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Implant removal with toddler in tow

(6 Posts)
PeaceLoveAndJaffaCakes Tue 10-May-16 14:52:36

I'm getting my implant removed this week, which I'm nervous about anyway. Had one before so I know it hurts for a few days afterwards, and the whole cutting it out thing is making me feel generally queasy.
Trouble is I have no one to look after my 18mo so he'll have to come in with me. He hates being strapped into the pushchair but surely can't be allowed to wander about the doctor's room. I'm scared that he will scream at the top of his lungs (his favourite) and distract the doctor while she's working on me.
I'm scared about not being able to lift him out of his pushchair when we get home (I don't drive), or into his high chair.
Any experiences or tips to get me through? It's only been in for a year so I hope it will come out relatively easily. Waaah. Kicking myself for having it put in, because I knew I'd have to deal with this eventually.

PeaceLoveAndJaffaCakes Tue 10-May-16 20:05:35

Bumpy bump

gruffaloshmuffalo Tue 10-May-16 20:11:52

I took my then 18 month old. Sat him down and gave him some smarties. It was all done before he'd finished them. I also kept him in the pushchair

PeaceLoveAndJaffaCakes Tue 10-May-16 22:26:44

Smarties are on my list. I'm afraid because last time the doctor had a hard time getting it out and I get so anxious when he screams the way he does sad

justabigdisco Tue 10-May-16 22:30:15

iPad. Peppa pig on your phone. Check with GP first.

PeaceLoveAndJaffaCakes Tue 10-May-16 23:25:03

I wondered about iPad. I thought I could download some episodes of something and sit it on the table while he's in the pushchair. He would just throw it otherwise.
I think I'm so nervous about the procedure itself I might be magnifying my anxiety over how DS will behave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now