Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you feel Mirena in you?

(8 Posts)
QaboutMirena Sat 07-May-16 16:53:15

Hi, I know there are a lot of threads about Mirena coil on this board but I'd really like to hear some experiences about this specific concern of mine.
I've had the mirena a couple of weeks and I am certain I can feel it inside me - not the strings (which I can feel when I put my fingers inside) but I mean I can feel it low down in my uterus area when I am sitting or standing almost like a stabbing or poking sensation.
I've booked an appointment to get it looked at but wondered if anyone else has had a similar thing happen ? Thanks

jellycake Sat 07-May-16 16:56:44

I have had my Mirena for about 16 months and can honestly say that I have not experienced this. It has taken a good year for everything to settle down but I am now period free (hurrah!) Definitely get yourself checked, perhaps it has slipped?

bingisthebest Sat 07-May-16 17:00:01

I can't feel mine but I think maybe you should get yours checked to check the position as it could be positioned wrong.

bonnyscott Sun 08-May-16 17:34:26

Yes I had mine removed after a couple of days as it was stuck in my cervix and felt like a stick had lodged the wrong way and had sharp stabbing pains. App the consultant who removed it said it was completely the wrong size for me!
Never had one again...... X

Yellow10 Wed 11-May-16 21:09:13

I've had mine in for 3 weeks (I think!) and can't feel a thing. Thought occasionally that maybe I could but think it's my mind playing tricks as it knows something is there!

DramaAlpaca Wed 11-May-16 21:10:46

I've never felt a thing with mine, but if you are concerned you are right to get it checked.

SweetChickadee Wed 11-May-16 21:20:09

I've had 2 and no, I have no idea it's there. Def get it checked smile

BG2015 Mon 16-May-16 18:30:09

Never felt mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now