Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Regular periods when on Cerelle?

(6 Posts)
eternityleave Tue 29-Mar-16 16:45:51

Just into my section month on Cerelle and today I've got my second period (on the day it would have started naturally, same as last month). If it's like the last one it'll be exactly the same as a normal period - I realise pills affect women differently but I thought Cerelle was supposed to stop regular periods and if it isn't for me, does that mean I'm not actually protected against pregnancy? confused

I tried Microgynon first but it gave me horrific mood swings and I felt out of control. Cerelle has been fine for my moods. I don't want the coil or the implant (which are the only suggestions my doctor can come up with when I ask any questions) but I don't really want to be bleeding every month still!

Are regular periods on Cerelle a common thing? Should I go back to my GP?

eternityleave Tue 29-Mar-16 16:46:26

Second not section! Can't even spell!

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Fri 01-Apr-16 16:11:12

I think they are. I've been on Cerelle for 4 months and it's settled into a pattern of 2 period type bleeds per month (actually I've just stopped taking the bastards due to hideous mood swings smile ).

Mermaid36 Fri 01-Apr-16 16:17:12

I was on Cerelle for over 10 years and didn't have more than 5 or 6 periods in that time. Before I came off it, I hadn't had any sort of bleed for over 5 years....

I do know people who had slightly more regular bleeds etc on it though...

dementedpixie Fri 15-Apr-16 11:30:11

Cerelle can cause irregular bleeding and also can stop the bleeding. It stopped my periods but some women bleed all the time with it

mrsnoon Fri 15-Apr-16 11:33:58

I was on it for about 4 months, I bled to some extent for about 3.5 of those. And wanted to kill everyone! Not right for me at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now