Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mini pill question please!

(3 Posts)
ItsSoooFluffy Mon 21-Mar-16 15:18:55

I've tried Cerazette but didn't get on with it. It made me spot continuously. could a different mini pill work for me? Thanks!

allthelemons Mon 21-Mar-16 22:18:47

i was switched to cerelle (without consent as i ordered a repeat prescription on the phone) and its been terrible for me. my back is a mess from acne and face isn't much better, also in the 3months i've used it i've had about 9 days all together without bleeding. its cheap so alot of dr's seem to be swapping people on to it.
hoping to change to a different one

whatevva Tue 22-Mar-16 17:03:31

There are lower dose POP: micronor,(norithisterone) norgeston (levenorgestrel) and noriday (norithisterone) (femulen is discontinued which is a shame, I got on with that and it is a nicer progestogen).

These don't seem to give the bleeding problems that the newer higher dose desorgestrel ones do (cerazette, cerelle etc) but you have to take it at the same time every day. They only have a 3 hour window.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now