Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Types of contraception?

(5 Posts)
WalkingBlind Thu 17-Mar-16 01:42:48

I've only ever used condoms (briefly) and the Microgynon pill (also briefly) in my life. The pill was awful for me and I never want to use hormonal contraception ever again.

I've just had my second child and I'm mid-twenties. I've always just let nature "do it's thing", as I was happy to have children at any stage (and had difficulty with ttc/miscarriages) but currently couldn't cope with another pregnancy so soon.

What options do I have left without using hormones? Is it really just the copper coil and condoms? hmm

dementedpixie Thu 17-Mar-16 17:45:40

Do you still get diaphragms/cervical caps?

expatinscotland Thu 17-Mar-16 17:54:46

Yep, unless you can get a diaphragm or cervical cap.

WalkingBlind Thu 17-Mar-16 21:59:55

I'm not sure what those are as we didn't really have sex ed at school, I'll Google them thank you

WestYorkshireGirl Thu 24-Mar-16 20:54:08

I have used a diaphragm for 20 yrs (am 37). I have always been really happy with it, but there aren't many women using it now and I have to go to a local sexual health clinic when I need a new one rather than just getting it from my GP as no one there is trained in fitting them. If you like a natural method and are comfortable with your body it's ideal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now