Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

late period, negative tests? HELP!!

(2 Posts)
Mummybethh07 Tue 15-Mar-16 14:54:49

I was wondering if anyone could help me! I'm so confused!

My periods have always been like clockwork, always on time! I have a 2 year old son and fell pregnant nearly a year ago which resulted in a miscarriage. They originally thought it was an ectopic pregnancy and wanted me to go back and have another scan but that night I had a miscarriage and my body went back to normal, periods have been fine since!

This month me and my OH haven't been as safe as usual, we aren't trying but have had a few accidents. Nearly 2 weeks ago I went to the toilet and was blood when I wiped but only enough for one wipe, then nothing! The day before my period was due we were having sex and I started bleeding, stopped and put a tampon I'm, took it out when I went to the toilet and there wasn't even a drop of blood on it.

Period is now 5/6 days late, took a test at day 3- negative! First wee of day 4- negative! My boobs are a bit sore and feel a bit different but that's it.

Has anyone else had this?

scaevola Tue 15-Mar-16 16:40:17

You've posted in the 'contraception' topic, but haven't mentioned what method you were using, though not being as 'safe' as usual suggests that you've been using a method which requires you to do something (take the pill, insert the diaphragm, unroll the condom).

It sounds as if those sorts of methods might not be the right ones for you.

Have you ever considered a longer acting one, where there is less to remember? There's the injection, or even longer term the implant or a coil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now