Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am I mad to get Mirena removed just before beach holiday?

(7 Posts)
pjsgalore Mon 14-Mar-16 11:16:54

I'd like my mirena coil taken out (have had it in for almost a year and feel it's had a number of negative effects on me - bloating, weight gain etc) but the closest appointment they can offer me is one week before I go on a holiday to the south of France. I really want to take it out, but am nervous I'm going to have a crazy-ass period, or a mood crash, etc etc.

Can anyone tell me their experiences of getting it taken out? Just wondering if I should put up with it for a bit longer and get it taken out after the holiday instead. Or just go for it...

slugseatlettuce Mon 14-Mar-16 11:24:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pjsgalore Mon 14-Mar-16 12:46:27

OMG that sounds awful!!! You poor thing! Okay, maybe I should be patient instead of taking it out just before donning the shorts and swimming costume!

slugseatlettuce Mon 14-Mar-16 14:32:24

ihatethecold Mon 14-Mar-16 14:35:00

If your holiday is soon I would wait until after.

ProfessorPickles Mon 14-Mar-16 14:56:09

That sounds terrible!!
Is this just because it's the mirena one, would a copper one not have the same affect?

slugseatlettuce Mon 14-Mar-16 16:29:23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now