Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coming off depo

(4 Posts)
MatchsticksForMyEyes Sun 13-Mar-16 12:36:09

Reposting here. I've been on depo for just over 2yrs. In that time I've put around 2st. I haven't vastly changed my eating habits but it's still crept on.
I'm due a jab now but I'm going to go back on the Yasmin pill. I only really came off it to avoid periods.
Has anyone been on depo and then come off it for similar reasons? Did the weight come off easily? I'm doing 10-12k on an exercise bike 4x per week and running 5-7k when I get chance, which is more like 1x fortnight. I usually burn about 400 more calories than I take in.

mummycof3 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:56:05

Hi I was on the depo for around 2 years and put on a stone and half, kept getting very dizzy and faint. I came off it and went onto the pill, I lost the weight within around a year. And my dizzy and faint spells all stopped after around 4 weeks.

MatchsticksForMyEyes Wed 23-Mar-16 20:57:06

That's encouraging, thank you.

mummycof3 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:19:09

That's ok. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now