Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coming off depo

(4 Posts)
MatchsticksForMyEyes Sun 13-Mar-16 12:36:09

Reposting here. I've been on depo for just over 2yrs. In that time I've put around 2st. I haven't vastly changed my eating habits but it's still crept on.
I'm due a jab now but I'm going to go back on the Yasmin pill. I only really came off it to avoid periods.
Has anyone been on depo and then come off it for similar reasons? Did the weight come off easily? I'm doing 10-12k on an exercise bike 4x per week and running 5-7k when I get chance, which is more like 1x fortnight. I usually burn about 400 more calories than I take in.

mummycof3 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:56:05

Hi I was on the depo for around 2 years and put on a stone and half, kept getting very dizzy and faint. I came off it and went onto the pill, I lost the weight within around a year. And my dizzy and faint spells all stopped after around 4 weeks.

MatchsticksForMyEyes Wed 23-Mar-16 20:57:06

That's encouraging, thank you.

mummycof3 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:19:09

That's ok. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now