Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How did you feel after taking MAP?

(4 Posts)
OlivesTree Sat 12-Mar-16 19:57:32

DH and I briefly dtd without using any contraception, but used the withdrawal method, seemingly in plenty of time, without any slip up. (Sorry for tmi).
I wouldn't have been too worried but it was day 12 of my cycle and I felt like I was ovulating so as a precaution I got the MAP- but after about 60 hours had passed.
Now 10 days after dtd (day 22 of cycle) I have sore boobs, am spotting a little bit, feel tired and a bit sicky - basically pregnant. I am hoping to hell that these could also be symptoms caused by the MAP. I just can't believe I could possibly have conceived from the 'event' as it occurred with the extra, albeit late, precaution of the MAP.
Has anyone else felt like this after taking the MAP and not been pregnant?

bibbitybobbityyhat Sat 12-Mar-16 19:59:54

I felt absolutely fine but did have what felt like a normal period a few days after taking it. Did you not have that?

OlivesTree Sat 12-Mar-16 20:01:38

No, I didn't, but the instructions on the pack said that this would only happen for some people.

WellTidy Sat 12-Mar-16 22:04:30

I took it about 20 years go. I didn't have any side effects when I took it, or in the run up to my next period, which was a normal period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now