Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

implant? mini pill?

(4 Posts)
Littlemissjt Fri 19-Feb-16 10:20:12

Any stories about the implant? I've got an appointment to get it put in in a few weeks and I'm just not totally sold.

Was on the pill for 10-11 years with no problems. Came off to have baby, went back on and it turned me into a psychopath! The mood swings were awful! Came off for 3 weeks and feel like myself again. Went to docs and been given a mini pill until I can get app at family planning. I did think this was ideal as have a 6 month old and another 3 years before trying for another is the sort of gap I would like. I don't really know what's putting me off.

Any positive stories or don't do it stories? My friend is a midwife and her reply was "oh no, not for me".

dementedpixie Fri 19-Feb-16 12:58:55

Everyone I know who got an implant has had it removed early. I didn't fancy it as it is inserted under your skin. I used the mini pill for several years with no issues and ended up with the mirena coil instead which I have had for nearly 4 years.

Littlemissjt Fri 19-Feb-16 16:51:08

Thanks, I'm thinking I might stick the mini pill out a bit longer X

Littlemissjt Fri 19-Feb-16 16:51:31

Sorry, didn't mean to X that! Bad habit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now