Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Random bleeding with Mirena 1 year after fitting

(3 Posts)
MajorClanger123 Wed 10-Feb-16 11:49:08

Sorry to start a new thread - there are blinkin' loads of Mirena threads here confused.

Had coil fitted Jan 2015 (at same time as smear, 2 birds with one stone!). Last night I had that heavy period feeling, slightly upset tummy. Thought nothing of it. THis morning after a gym session I have bleeding - not massively heavy, but lots upon wiping (sorry, TMI).

I am generally a fan of Mirena - periods completely stopped 3 months after initial fit. Could it have moved? Me & DH fall pregnant SO easily (3 kids in 4 years) so I'm on high alert if its dislodged....

Any advice / anyone similar? Seems funny after 1 yr - lots of other threads suggest this type of thing when its nearing end of life i.e. 4+ years.

Mrscog Wed 10-Feb-16 19:21:00

I don't know - I've only had mine for a few months, but any unexplained bleeding should be investigated, so I'd book to see your GP.

Carol4863 Sat 20-Feb-16 21:08:13

I've had my mirena for 1 year 10 months. Occasional light bleefing but tonight I've got period cramps, heavy bleeding and passing clots. Daughters are saying call 111. Anyone got any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now