Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lucette combined pill questions

(3 Posts)
keiraash82 Wed 03-Feb-16 13:41:31

So...I think I have been very stupid with not taking the pill correctly.

After learning from the nurse that I had to start a new month of pills straight after the 7 pill free days (I was waiting until my period had finished.)

and then from reading the information which comes with it, you have to take it at the same time each day which I have not been doing...well I've been taking it in the morning but at different times - does that still count?

I've had multiple UTI's so I've put down to me feeling sick, peeing lots, feeling bad to that.

But I know the effectiveness of the pill goes down if you don't take it correctly.

Shall I take pregnancy test?

dementedpixie Wed 03-Feb-16 19:59:41

You take it each day around the same time for 21 days. You then have a 7 day pill free break after which you start your next pack whether you are still bleeding or not. There is a 12 hour window to take the combined pill so as long as you take it within this time limit then you are not counted as being late taking it. (Of course you should not aim to be as late as that - I used to take mine first thing in the morning so I had the whole day to remember to take it on the rare occasion that I forgot about it.)

How many pills did you miss and did you have sex during the time you were over the pill free period?

keiraash82 Thu 04-Feb-16 10:49:06

Oh I should be ok then I always take it in the morning - within the 12 hour frame.

Well I finished the pack of pills and then I think a few days passed until my period started - I had my period (about 7 days) and then started taking a new pack which I started having sex about 3 days later.

So I wouldn't have been covered for that which is why I'm slightly concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now