Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No period on mirena coil for a year and now irregular spotting and breast tenderness

(2 Posts)
Phoebejade1991 Mon 18-Jan-16 23:25:27

I was wondering if anyone could help,
I had my Mirena coil fitted in January last year, I had bleeding for a few weeks after then nothing until December when my breasts ballooned and became very tender. I had bad cramps and spotting, I have spotted 3 times in the last month with bad cramps and even been sick. I'm really worried and I know irregular periods are a side effect but it's unnerving me. Please does anyone have any similar experiences using the mirena.
Also I can't feel my strings but never have, it has been checked once at the doctors a month after I had it fitted.
Thanks

loraflora Thu 21-Jan-16 16:30:50

I've had the occasional period and bout of spotting over the time I've had it. I did get a longer period of spotting around the time when my strings went missing and but it calmed down again after 3 or 4 weeks. I recall I had period style cramping initially too, just for a day or so. No sickness though. It sounds like you should visit your doctor to see if they can find the strings? They are supposed to get checked about once a year anyway.

If they can't find the strings they should send you for a scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now