Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

implant out hello life!

(2 Posts)
hayley1989 Fri 15-Jan-16 23:45:07

I have suffered for years with depression, since having my implant removed from my arm not long ago, it's like a clouds been lifted I feel like I hole new person! smile
Anyone struggling with it or feeling down too, I'd suggest getting it removed and using another form of contraception,
I'd love to know if anyone else has had this happen to them x

magpie17 Fri 15-Jan-16 23:56:56

Not the implant but the pill for me. I stopped taking it because I had spotting but when I did I noticed that within a couple of weeks the depression, irritability and sometimes proper red-mist rage (seriously, I was a danger to people at times) lifted and I was like a different person. I have never felt like that before or since, but didn't even notice how much it had changed me. I haven't used hormonal contraception since. I think people should be very careful to keep an eye on their mood and sense of well being when taking contraception, other side effects are often more widely recognised but I think there can be real consequences for people's mental health if you get something which doesn't suit you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now