Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

trying to conceive

(5 Posts)
Lucyloo1489 Fri 15-Jan-16 22:55:13

Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for about 6 months I had been on pill and implant for around 4 years since my first child but stopped 6 months ago should I be worried and go to gp ??

MagpieCursedTea Fri 15-Jan-16 23:42:31

I know it feels like it but 6 months isn't that long (although if you're over 35 I think the advice is to see your GP after 6 months). It can take your body a while to adjust to being off birth control. How are your cycles? If you're irregular it might be worth seeing your GP sooner. If you're regular and you're ovulating then I would try for a few more months before seeing the GP. If you're under 35 and having regular periods, they'll just tell you to come back after a year.

You might want to ask MNHQ to move this to conception as you're more likely to get responses there I think.

Lucyloo1489 Fri 15-Jan-16 23:47:24

Thank you I'll will move wasn't sure what to put it under I am regular and I'm under 35 just started to worry a little but fingers crossed will get the outcome soon enough :-)

MagpieCursedTea Fri 15-Jan-16 23:54:08

Are you charting your temperatures? I find it's a great way to check for ovulation.
Best of luck!

Lucyloo1489 Fri 15-Jan-16 23:57:33

No I haven't I will give it ago thanks again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now