Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

taking cerazette and bleeding

(3 Posts)
mama2g Sat 19-Dec-15 12:06:41

I went to have my coil replaced after having my dd, it was 14 weeks after giving birth and I'm breast feeding, just before nurse went to insert coil she noticed my womb was still soft and the coil would risk perforating my womb so advised me to come back in 3 months and gave me cerazette mini pill, she told me I didn't need to take a break because I'm BF. Iv had issues with birth controls before and found the coil was the only thing that worked but given the risks of the coil I took the mini pill now 2 weeks after starting I am bleeding and am so confused as I hadn't even had a period since giving birth. Is this normal ? Or should I stop taking the pill ?

dementedpixie Sat 19-Dec-15 14:59:27

IT can cause erratic bleeding or it could be your period returning. If you stop taking it you would no longer be covered against pregnancy.

Wolpertinger Sat 19-Dec-15 15:05:30

It's normal. It can cause fairly erratic bleeding for a long while when you start - I had 3 months of bleeding, was on the verge of giving it up and then it stop and I've never had any bleeding again in 7 years of use (utter bliss). Don't panic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now