Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena coil (yet another thread...)

(1 Post)
Corneliusmurphy Tue 11-Aug-15 20:22:45

I am hopefully going to get my coil removed tomorrow, and wondering which pill to ask for instead.
The active hormone is levonorgestrel, brief browse of the net and it looks as though most of the combined pills contain this too, is that right do I need to ask for the mini pill?

Very briefly this is my second Mirena, I had loads of side effects initially with the first one (unbelievable food cravings, weight gain, mood swings etc) the Dr I saw told me it was me not the coil and fobbed me off, (told it was probably baby blues and I needed a hobby) and eventually (I'm talking years) things did calm down, I lost lots of weight with slimming world, all was well and then my five yrs was up so new coil inserted and all the bloody same symptoms are back. I am convinced it's the coil, but if it is that I don't want to replace it with the same thing in pill form.

Sorry that wasn't brief at all... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now