Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missed period on microgynon?

(10 Posts)
bringthenoise Sat 08-Aug-15 23:29:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

recyclingbag Sun 09-Aug-15 08:40:11

I was on microgynon when I was a student (about 20 years ago).

My periods stopped completely, I was constantly worried I was pregnant.

After about 6 months the doctor put me back on Minulet.

bringthenoise Sun 09-Aug-15 11:44:39

recyclingbag Sun 09-Aug-15 11:48:13

It was a long time ago but I think they reduced over time and the one month, completely disappeared.

At the time I remember the doctor saying they were often prescribed for people with very heavy periods so if you have light ones usually, it can happen.

It was during that time when some brands of pills gave you thrombosis, and then they changed their minds 6 months later.

I was always very happy on Minulet, although now I have mirena coil and again, hardly any period to speak of.

nolongerwaitingfornumber2 Sun 09-Aug-15 12:00:20

You probably aren't pregnant but I would test again in a few days though. I was on Microgynon and got pregnant. I hadn't missed any or been unwell so was just one of the stats. We were waiting for ivf for genetic reasons at the time so it was a bit of a shock. Luckily our dd was fine but it did make me realise that the pill isn't 100%!

I've just had my ds and think I'll try the coil this time smile

bringthenoise Sun 09-Aug-15 12:09:10

nolongerwaitingfornumber2 Sun 09-Aug-15 12:54:57

Oh in that case yes you must! If it's a bfp you can celebrate and if not then champagne cocktails for your anniversary! I would call that a win win!!

bringthenoise Sun 09-Aug-15 13:06:46

nolongerwaitingfornumber2 Sun 09-Aug-15 19:09:42

Yes, that wouldn't be the best anniversary!

Big Fat Positive...lots of acronyms on trying to conceive (ttc).

Whichever way it goes, have an amazing time in Paris x

bringthenoise Sun 09-Aug-15 22:00:32

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now