Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contraception patch urgent advice

(3 Posts)
Tumbledryer Sat 08-Aug-15 01:06:34

Dd has just started patches but took it off a week early by mistake. She had unprotected sex within 20 hours of taking the patch off and is panic stricken now that she might be pregnant. She had been wearing the patches for 2 weeks prior to this so would she have been protected that day or should we be worrying. I will try and ask someone tomorrow but if anyone knows I would be grateful.

FishWithABicycle Sat 08-Aug-15 08:18:33

How long ago was the unprotected sex? An emergency contraceptive might be a good idea ifor it was lessential than 72 hours. No-one can say for sure what the chances are so how you proceed will depend on how disastrous a pregnancy would be at this stage in her life.

Tumbledryer Sat 08-Aug-15 11:21:12

We were within the 72 hours so got the emergency pill this morn. The pharmacist said that she still would have had some protection from the patches and he thought the risks were low so fingers crossed everything turns out OK. Big lesson learned I hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now