Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contraceptive pill for first time in thirties, best one??

(5 Posts)
spankingnewme Sat 01-Aug-15 13:51:19

Hi, I'm in my thirties have never been on oral contraceptives as was put off by the idea of weight gain/skin problems depression everything else you hear about, oh increase risk of cancer , but now I am single and have two kids already , just starting to date again but do not want any 'accidents' would a non hormonal coil be best? Although I hate the idea of that in me, are there any really good pills that make books bigger? That would be a fab side effect! Also something that won't make my skin awful. I understand that the docs usually give the cheapest ones first, but are there any good ones I could ask for? Like I say, I'm clueless wen it comes to this stuff, tia

Fairylea Sat 01-Aug-15 13:55:56

I'm not sure there is a "best" one but I'm 35 this year and been on them since I was 15 apart from two pregnancies and I've tried all of them ....! Yasmin suits me the best, less spots and less side effects.

spankingnewme Sat 01-Aug-15 13:56:30

Boobs bigger not books lol my boobs depressingly shrank after each child I breastfed ;(

Angelto5 Sat 01-Aug-15 14:04:14

I was in the same boat as you the beginning of the year-I went to see the nurse at my gp practice & she went through everything with me.

I've been on cerazette & have had no problems.

spankingnewme Mon 03-Aug-15 17:27:36

Ok thanks for the info, I could ask for yasmine say my skin is problematic and they might give it to me? Are there any si side effects to it? (please say boobs get bigger lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now