Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibroids and haemorrhaging

(1 Post)
MaizieDaiziesxx Thu 09-Jul-15 19:14:25

First of all I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm at a loss as to where would be best..

I was diagnosed with large fibroids 3 years ago after a huge haemorrhage while I was out in public - a&e trip, admission, the works.. now every month I find I can't move from bed or the bathroom for nearly a week due to 'niagara falls' falling out of my nether regions! Thankfully my work are very understanding due to my 'decoration' of the carpet last time I tried to work through it hmm

I've had various investigations including a failed myomectomy (sp?) where I bled too much for them to continue the cutting, and now my only choice is a (very risky) pregnancy or a hysterectomy.

I'm so fed up, and tired, and dizzy, and wanting to cry at the unfairness of it all.. I can't find any support groups out there for fibroids in my Google searches, and I can't help but think if this happened to men I would have more choice than 'cut up or shut up'..

Does anyone else have any experience of this or know of any support out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now