Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Depression and depo

(3 Posts)
Lfle26 Thu 09-Jul-15 18:49:25

Hi,

I'm on my second shot of depo (due my 3rd next month) and ive never felt so low in all my life. My mood is terrible and I'm bursting in to tears at the drop of a hat, even in work. I can't cope with it any more sad

I thought it would get better but it's not. Ive stopped seeing my friends as I just want to be alone all of the time.

Has anybody else had this experience with depo??

Starbelle Sun 09-Aug-15 09:53:45

Hi,

Yes, this is why I came off the depo in the end. Awful feelings of anxiety and depression together with lovely shots of paranoia thrown in for good measure!

After I came off it, it took about three weeks for these feelings to ease and about six months before I was back to my happy, bouncy self. Weird what hormones can do!

Good luck with yours.

Star.

happymummyone Sun 09-Aug-15 10:08:02

I came of depo for the same reasons. It made me feel very dark. I felt much much more myself after a couple of months off it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now