Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena removal and pregnancy

(2 Posts)
Ericaclaudine Tue 30-Jun-15 18:59:37

OK so, I had the Mirena fitted for 3 months and after one heavy bleed for a week at the beginning I didn't have another period. My partner and I had unprotected sex a few times in the week and realised my strings were a lot longer. I had an appointment last Tuesday the 23rd June and had to have it taken out because it was poking out. We use condoms now but since removal I've been nauseous and sick if I even so much as look at fish and chips which happened to me with my DS. Hoping it's just Mirena withdrawal but has anyone been in that situation and gotten pregnant? I know a test will tell for sure but heavens know where I am in my cycle now! Just wanted to know others experiences xx

Ericaclaudine Tue 30-Jun-15 19:07:10

And I need to add didn't bleed after removal. Had spotting start 3 days after only on wiping and had no cramps or anything with it. Wouldn't even know if I didn't go to the toilet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now