Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Doc said she could see some 'endos'....

(4 Posts)
pinkbear82 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:04:13

Had a mirena coil fitted tonight, and a smear. Gp surgery not fitting them at moment so was at local contraceptive clinic. After she had finished she did say she could see some endos. Sort of explained it was some lining outside the womb. I asked if I needed to do anything, she didn't particularly answer but i didn't get the feeling I needed to worry or jump at doing anything.

Having got home and looked it up, I am assuming this refers to endometriosis. Am I assuming too much?
I will of course mention it to my own gp when I see them next. And I'm not overly worried right now, as obviously having the mirena fitted another child is not on the cards right now.

Just wondered what anyone else thought?

sleepybee Fri 09-Jan-15 04:34:16

Hi not sure if this will help but a few years ago my GP said I had a lot of signs/symptoms of PCOS (polycystic ovaries) but I've never had any treatment. I've read about it & I believe I probably do have this, but I've managed to keep symptoms at bay by losing (a lot) weight. I think these types of health issues may only cause problems with periods, pms/pain etc plus fertility issues but if you're coping with period s & not trying then no reason to have any treatment?

Poppiesway Fri 09-Jan-15 05:06:56

She could mean endocervical cysts.
Very common and nothing to be worrying about. Nothing you can do to stop them.

pinkbear82 Fri 09-Jan-15 06:21:33

Thank you both. I'll mention it to my gp when I next go. Either way I'm not too worried. I should have asked a bit more when I was there!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now