Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

no periods on pilll

(7 Posts)
rockpaperscissorsstone Thu 04-Dec-14 19:10:08

Help! I've now missed 3 periods on the pill. Has anyone else had this? I'm not pregnant. The first month I missed one pill and took the other two months like clockwork. Any suggestions? I'm worried about my fertility most tbh...my family's not finished yet! I visited gp but he said to go back after 6 missed periods ��

fairgame Thu 04-Dec-14 19:22:01

Yes i have no end of problems on the pill.
The last pill i was on my periods stopped for 11 months. They then came back normal for 18 months. Then i started bleeding every 2-3 weeks. Then they stopped for 3 months, then i had 3 periods in 6 weeks. Then i reached the end of my tether and my GP put me on a different pill.
It was all because there wasnt enough hormone in my previous pill according to my GP. She doesn't seem worried about my fertility and says its just due to that pill not agreeing with me.
I've been on the new pill for 2 months, so far so good but its still early days.

rockpaperscissorsstone Thu 04-Dec-14 19:26:13

That sounds like a nightmare! I was on microgynon for years prior to having my ds 3 years ago and had no problems. I've been back on it for a year and a half and the last 6 months or so have been all over the place! I'm thinking about coming off it altogether as its bothering me now. Its amazing how much you miss your periods when they are not happening as they should! I've been consulting Dr google too, so I've diagnosed myself with allsorts blush

fairgame Thu 04-Dec-14 19:30:17

Dr Google diagnosed me with all sorts of intimate cancers, luckily my lovely GP has confirmed that Dr Google is hopeless.
I have irregular periods off the pill which is why i put up with it for so long.
It's a bit odd how yours have randomly stopped after 18 months. Have you been stressed or dieting or anything lately?

saintsandpoets Thu 04-Dec-14 19:31:43

Which pill is it? I don't have periods at all on Cerazette.

saintsandpoets Thu 04-Dec-14 19:32:13

Its normal not to have periods on a POP.

rockpaperscissorsstone Thu 04-Dec-14 21:26:22

Dr google diagnosed me also with cancers, as well as menopause and pcos. I am fully aware of the inaccuracy of it, but I couldn't help myself! I've moved house over the last few months but I wouldn't say I was feeling overly stressed about it. I am guilty of taking my pill at different times throughout the day, but that's not a new thing either. I don't think microgynon is progesterone only... I'm off to google it.

I just can't help myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now