Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fed up with bleeding

(5 Posts)
sksk Mon 01-Dec-14 20:01:32

I've been on just about every type of pill in the BNF. Tried a Mirena. Bled and bled for months. Even bled when I was on the pill with Mirena! I get a constant bleed- but more than spotting but less than a period. I have spent a fortune on sanitary pads. I tried a diaphragm before but it was not comfortable and my husband also had problems with it. Every pill causes me to bleed, which means it is a good contraceptive as we can't dtd but that's not the point! I had a 4th degree tear 16 months ago and it has been almost 2 years since we dtd. I think I may have to rely on condoms but I am not keen as I don't want to risk another pregnancy. Anyone else out there with similar issues?

sksk Tue 02-Dec-14 13:56:28

Anyone?

ThreeBecameFour Wed 03-Dec-14 19:38:07

I just started taking Noriday. Been on it a month and had bled for nearly two weeks of that....seriously fed up too. I was told to take it to help really heavy long periods since having kids.. The only thing that worked well for me pre kids days was the Deposit Provera injection. No periods on it at all. Bliss. But back to now...I am fed up, rum down and about to go back to my GP so totally feel your pain. Apologies if that was no help at all...but I think we are in the same boat re dtd etc...Nightmare...thanks thanks brew to you

ThreeBecameFour Wed 03-Dec-14 19:39:32

Depo Provera injection..don't you love predictive text! blush blush

sksk Wed 03-Dec-14 21:22:14

Hahah! Deposit... I found the progesterone only pill made me have a constant period so that's not an option and hence the implant or injection would not be for me. Plus I feel so unbelievably tired on the pill. Maybe we will have to just opt for condoms. Thanks for sympathising and I hope you can sort something out with your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now